Packaging & Protection
TENAX TP sleeves are designed to protect items against collision and damage caused by contact rubbing. These events often take place during handling and storage in the warehouses or during the shipment of parts packaged without protection.
TENAX is also producing HDPE and PP flat nettings, whose aim is to separate wet items, avoiding condense on surfaces.
• Guaranteed protection of painted or treated parts
• High resistance against oil and grease aggression
• no damages due to rubbing or condensate
• Wide range of sizes, diameters, thicknesses and colors, available upon request
• Reasonable costs
• Universal and versatile packaging
• Fully recyclable
hPP – Homopolymer polypropylene
- Specific weight: 0.9-0.915 g/cm3 (56.19-57.12 lb/ft3)
- Melting temperature: 162-168°C (323.6-334.4°F)
- Tensile strength: 34-37 MPa
- Young’s modulus: 1200-2000 Pa
- Yield elongation: 5-10%
- Break elongation: 500-700%
- Working temperature: +0°C – +90°C (32°F – 194°F)
- Max working temperature (short period): +100°C (212°F)
Light material, resistant to chemical substances (as salts, acids and strong alkalis) and with a high mechanical strength. It is used for bi-oriented (stretched) products. Suitable for direct food contact.
HDPE – High-density polyethylene
- Specific weight: 0.94-0.96 g/cm3 (58.68-59.93 lb/ft3)
- Melting temperature: 126-135°C (258.8-275°F)
- Tensile strength: 25-35 MPa
- Young’s modulus: 800-1400 Pa
- Yield elongation: 10-12%
- Break elongation: >800%
- Working temperature: -40°C – +70°C (-40°F – 158°F)
- Max working temperature (short period): 75°C (167°F)
Outperforming chemical and good mechanical resistance. Within the polyethylene family it is the one which can stand at best high and low temperatures. It’s used for both extruded and stretched grids.
LDPE – Low-density polyethylene
- Specific weight: 0.915-0.920 g/cm3 (57.12-57.43 lb/ft3)
- Melting temperature: 105-118°C (221-244.4°F)
- Tensile strength: 10-25 MPa
- Young’s modulus: 150-300 Pa
- Yield elongation: –
- Break elongation: 550-600%
- Working temperature: -70°C – +40°C (-94°F – 104°F)
- Max working temperature (short period): 50°C (122°F)
Very soft material. It is mostly used for elastic sleeves for protecting goods. Can stand really low temperature.