Medical & hygiene
Safe and secure
Many single-use accessories like wipes, gauzes and dypers can be reinforced using light weight stretched polypropylene grids. TENAX products offer an outstandingly high transpiration ratio and are absolutely waterproof to any kind of fluid.
hPP – Homopolymer polypropylene
- Specific weight: 0.9-0.915 g/cm3 (56.19-57.12 lb/ft3)
- Melting temperature: 162-168°C (323.6-334.4°F)
- Tensile strength: 34-37 MPa
- Young’s modulus: 1200-2000 Pa
- Yield elongation: 5-10%
- Break elongation: 500-700%
- Working temperature: +0°C – +90°C (32°F – 194°F)
- Max working temperature (short period): +100°C (212°F)
Light material, resistant to chemical substances (as salts, acids and strong alkalis) and with a high mechanical strength. It is used for bi-oriented (stretched) products. Suitable for direct food contact.