The TENAX GT series are polypropylene geocomposites especially designed for soil stabilization and reinforcement applications. GT geocomposites are
manufactured by bonding a TENAX LBO geogrid to a nonwoven polypropylene geotextile.
GT Series geocomposites combine the best features of the biaxial geogrid, superior tensile strengths and modulus, with excellent resistance to construction damage and environmental exposure, while the geotextile provides separation and filtration without preventing the soil-geogrid interlock. GT geogrids allow strong mechanical interlock with the soil being reinforced, while the
geotextile provides separation and
filtration without preventing the
Manufacturing in the United States allows
for customizable geogrid strengths paired
with a variety of Nonwoven Geotextiles.
Typical Applications for GT Geocomposites:
- Base Reinforcement
- Reduction of Required Structural Fill
- Coal Ash Pond Closures
- Subgrade Stabilization
- Embankment and Slope Stabilization
- Load Distribution
- Reduction of Mud Pumping
- Railroad Reinforcement with Large Aggregate
- Runway Reinforcement
- Separation Layers Allows for Ideal Function and Integrity of Materials
- Filtration Layer Which Allows for Limited Soil Loss While Still Providing Adequate
- Liquid Flow
- Construction Cost Savings
Standard GT composites come with a 4-ounce geotextile bonded to an LBO Geogrid. Custom combinations are available with geotextiles from 6-ounces to 10-ounces. Contact us today with design requirements.